This is a matter of concern for many land owners. I think it is appropriate to give the standpoint of the conservancy management regarding the matter. As a Conservancy we decided to oppose this kind of development within the conservancy, and have appointed the necessary environmental legal team to ensure that all procedures are followed regarding this application.
Each and every individual land owner are encouraged to express their individual standpoint regarding the development directly to Umvoto Africa, Attention Paul Lee, PO Box 61, Muizenberg, 7950 email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
As a conservancy we are concerned regarding the following reasons. But surely a lot more can be added to the list:
• It will have an impact on our aesthetic value of the area
• It will have an impact on the quality of air we enjoy in the valley
• It will negatively impact on our tourism activities
• It will impact on the quality of the fruit we produce in the area
• It will impact negatively on a critical biodiversity vegetation type
We would like to categorically state that we are not opposing development, but we do oppose development that will affect the quality of life we currently experience. We also would like to see that- the solutions of one generation do not become the problems of the next generation.